Texas Health and Human Services, Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (ODHHS) invites you to sign up for this training opportunity:
Handling Feedback and Criticism from a Place of Authenticity
Dates: December 5 and December 12, 2019 (two parts)
Time: 6:00-7:30 pm CST
Presented by: Katie Murch, B.B.A.
Location: ONLINE WEBINARS
Cost: $5.00 registration fee for both sessions
An important part of our careers includes consistent growth and welcoming feedback. Sometimes feedback can be veiled as criticism and end up being ignored or hurtful to us. Through this training, you will learn about the difference between feedback and criticism, build strategies to improve the quality of feedback given or taken, and recognize how your self-awareness (or lack of) influences your interpretation.
- Describe the difference between feedback and criticism.
- Clarify the value of effective feedback
- Identify strategies to improve the quality of feedback given or taken
- Evaluate your level of self-awareness
- Produce an action plan to continue improving your communication skills
- Register in the webinar system, and you will receive a confirmation email from GoToWebinar.
- Send a copy of the registration confirmation email (include your full name) with your check/money order for $5 to: HHSC-DHHS, Training and Education, PO Box 12306, Austin, Texas 78711.
- Payment must be received by 12/11/2019 in order to continue in the second session.
- 4. There are no refunds for any reason.
- 5. If you have questions about the registration process, email your questions to [email protected] or call (512) 982-1709.
This webinar will be presented in American Sign Language with voice interpretation. Audio access is via your computer speakers. If you do not have computer speakers, call the number provided in the webinar system.
Requests for accommodations, such as CART, must be received at least two weeks in advance of the webinar date.
Participants may earn 0.3 DHHS Ethics CEUs by attending both sessions, and taking a post-test. The post-test is included in the GoToWebinar system. CEUs may not be earned by calling in via phone only.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Katie Murch is a motivational speaker, life coach, and consultant. She has consulted and spoken around the nation with nonprofits, universities and businesses such as Aspen Camp of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing, Deafhood Foundation, National Association of the Deaf, American Society of Deaf Children, Texas Society of Interpreters, Texas Association of the Deaf, and more. Katie holds a dual Bachelor degree in Management and Marketing from Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
View System Requirements
DHHS Training and Education
Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
Rehabilitative & Social Services
Health, Developmental & Independence Services
701 W. 51st St.
P.O. Box 12904
Austin, Texas 78751
[email protected] | 512-982-1709