Registration now available! Scroll down to enroll.
If you missed it the first time when we offered our webshops in 2018, here is the second opportunity to take advantage of the CATIE Center’s webshop, Specialized Interpreting: Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
Interpreting in domestic violence and sexual assault (DVSA) settings requires specialty knowledge and skills to be qualified to do this work. The information in this webshop, developed in collaboration with Deaf-centered DVSA service providers, will help you determine if this work is right for you now or in the future.
- Need for qualified interpreters for DVSA work
- Background knowledge about DVSA causes and impact
- DVSA settings you may find yourself in
- Information about trauma-informed care
- Strategies for self-care
- Narratives from survivors and interpreters that can inform our practice, and
- A pathway to training to develop skills that will help you build your skills in this specialty
*This webshop is not comprehensive, and will not make interpreters qualified to do this work, but will lay out a foundation and a path for future training.
Webshop now available!